At St Mary’s Primary, we value the involvement of our families and community.
Our parent volunteers work in classrooms across a range of learning areas. Our families enjoy being involved in many activities within the school.
We work closely with the parish of the Holy Name of Mary Rydalmere, organising many joint liturgies and programs for the spiritual development of our children. and our grade assemblies are conducted in the parish hall twice each term.
We need your help
Parents are actively involved in many facets of school life during the year through:
- attending school events
- engaging in class and whole-school liturgies and masses
- organising of the parish/school fete
- maintaining the school property
- assisting in literacy and Mathematics classroom groups
- organising social functions
- assisting with swimming and athletics carnivals
- attending numeracy and literacy parent workshops
- assisting with the school Garden program
- school fundraising initiatives
- mentoring Tutor programs
- being actively involved in Parents and Friends meetings
- assisting in the school library
- assisting with afternoon 'Kiss and Pick Ups’
- assisting with class excursions/ incursions
- providing hospitality for school events
- operating the second hand clothing pool
- participating in classroom cooking and craft activities
Contact the school today to express your interest in becoming a parent volunteer
Please note: all volunteer workers in schools are required to undergo child protection training. Visit the Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta website 'Building Child Safe Communities' for more information.